Dr. Ashish Kumar Biswal
|View Profile Make an Appointment|
The department of ENT or Otorhinolaryngology is a medical speciality dealing with diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat. Diseases pertaining to ear, nose and throat are very common and often under-treated due to a lack of awareness of the new developments in this specialty. This field has evolved by leaps and bounds in the last two decades. With the advent of better understanding and new technologies, now the patients have a cure for the otherwise thought of untreatable diseases like sinus diseases, nerve deafness (by birth or acquired later in life) etc.
The skilled and dedicated specialists of the ENT department at Yatharth Hospital work in collaboration with neurosurgeons, pulmonologists (chest physicians), oncosurgeons, and cosmetic and reconstructive surgeons to provide comprehensive care to the patients. They are updated with the latest techniques and advances in the various sub specialties of ENT like ‘Phonosurgery’, ‘Rhinology’, ‘Skull base surgery’, ‘Airway surgery’ etc.
- OPD and Emergency Services – comprehensive medical and surgical services for various ENT and Head & Neck conditions.
- Ear – Tympanoplasty, Myringoplasty, Myringotomy, Ossculoplasty, Stapedotomy, Radical mastoidectomy, Facial Nerve decompression and other Ear surgeries, Cochlear Implants for deafness, Hearing Aid, Audiometry.
- Nose – Septoplasty, CSF rhinorrhoea repair, FESS, Endoscopic Orbital decompression, Endoscopic DCR, Turbinoplasty etc.
- Throat – Adenotonsillectomy, MLS, foreign body removal, vocal polyp, vocal nodule, tumour surgeries etc.
- The Head and Neck – The problems related to the region of Head and Neck being treated by otolaryngologists includes benign and malignant tumors, facial trauma, facial palsy and deformities of the face.