Dr. Ashima Ranjan
|View Profile Make an Appointment|
Psychiatric Medicine & Psychotherapy
Psychiatry is a medical specialty dedicated to the study and treatment of mental disorders. An average person has more than 20,000 thoughts per day. Even when the body is resting, the mind may or may not be at rest. Just like the body, the mind is also prone to suffer from various illnesses.
Psychiatry patients are particularly vulnerable and must be able to trust doctors with their lives and well-being. The department of psychiatry at Yatharth Hospital strives to uphold this trust by maintaining good standard of practice and care. We endeavour to provide transparent, fair and ethical services to all.
We are person-centred, not just-disease centred, allowing us to offer highest standard of care in emergency, outpatient and inpatient settings. Protecting our patient’s confidentiality, as well as upholding patient’s dignity and privacy is at the heart of our practice. We aim to deliver comprehensive services on a continuum of care to our patients in a high quality, efficient and compassionate manner.
Treatment Options available at Yatharth Hospital
Schizophrenia, Delusional disorder and other major psychoses, Bipolar disorder, Major depression, Seasonal affective disorder, Obsessive compulsive disorder, Anxiety disorders and phobias, Post traumatic stress disorder, Personality disorder, Adjustment reactions, Psychosomatic disorder
Children & Adolescents
- Behavior and emotional disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, conduct disorder
- Affective disorders such as depression, school refusal, anxiety and phobias
- More serious psychotic disorders such as childhood Schizophrenia
- Attachment disorders such as reactive and dis-inhibited attachment
- Developmental disorders such as autism and asperger’s disorder