Dr. Abhisar KatiyarConsultant Orthopaedics
(Bone & Joints)
- Have 10 years of experience in Orthopaedics
Mar 04 to June 04 – As Resident of Orthopaedics in Subharti Medical College, Meerut.
July 04 to June 07 – As a DNB (Ortho) trainee at Bhattacharyya Orthopaedics and Related Research Centre, Kolkata.
July 07 to December 07 –As Senior Resident In department of Opthopaedics at AMRI Hospital, Kolkata
January 2008 – July 2012 as Ortho. Surgeon in Navi Mumbai
July 2012 – till date as a consultant Ortho. Surgeon in Greater Noida.
- Able to intubate the patient and place him on ventilator.
- Do minor outdoor procedures like pus drainage, dressings, etc.
- Can handle accidental emergencies.
- Can do out door procedures in orthopaedics like applying of plaster, cast, reduction of dislocations, fracture reduction, etc.
- Can handle patients in Out Patients Department (OPD). Can see the patients and prescribe medications to orthopaedic patients.
- Can perform independent surgeries like both bone forearm plating, humerus plating. Interlocking nail placement in femur, tibia and humerus. Plating of lower limb bones DHS fixation of femur, replacement hemiarthroplasty of hip,THR,TKR, Arthroscopy. In a nutshell can perform all independent surgeries in orthopaedic trauma patients.
- Assisted in over a 180 hip and 230 knee replacement surgeries.
- Performed about 105 THRs and 95 TKRs independently
- Assisted in over 20 shoulder and elbow replacement surgeries.
- Performed diagnostic arthroscopy and meniscetomy independently.
- Assisted in arthroscopic reconstruction of ACL, PLC, and shoulder scopies.
- Assisted and performed many spinal surgeries like fixation, drainage of pus in TB spine, laminectomy and disc decompression surgeries.
M.B.B.S, D Ortho, DNB(ortho). A.O.Trained
July 2012 – till date as a consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Yatharth Wellness Hospital & Trauma Centre Greater Noida.
Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon at Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai,till july 2012.
January 2008 – July 2012 as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon in Navi Mumbai.
July 2007 – December 2007 as a Senior Resident in the department of Orthopaedics at AMRI group of Hospitals, Kolkata.
July 2004 – June 2007 as a DNB Trainee in orthopaedics at Orthopaedic & Related Research Centre, Kolkata.
March 2004 – June 2004 as a Jr. Resident in the department of orthopaedics at Subharti Medical College, Meerut (UP)
Bone & Joints
Awards and Achievements
The papers presented so far -:
- Trochanteric fracture neck femur by DHS and cross screw at IOACON 2004,Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Trochanteric fracture femur treated by DHS and cross screw at WBOACON 2005, Medinipur,West Bengal.
- Non-union of fracture neck of femur in a 10 year old child- follow up of abduction osteotomy,internal fixation and fibular graft at MIDCON 2005, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Modified putti plat operation for recurrent dislocation of shoulder a poster presentation at IOACON 2005, Mumbai, India.
- Modified putti plat operation for recurrent anterior dislocation of shoulder at WBOACON 2006, Radisson fort Raichak, West Bengal.
- Total knee replacement surgery in a case of tackle knee at MIDCON 2006, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Reconstruction of ACL using PTB graft arthroscopically at IASCON 2006, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Triceps Sparing Osteo-Anconeus Flap Approach to the Intercondylar Humeral Fractures at IOACON 2006, New Delhi, India.
- Treatment of femoral neck fractures by two cancellous screws and free fibular graft at IOACON 2006, New Delhi, India.
- Correction of recurrent CTEV in a grown up child a two stage procedure at WBOACON 2007, Kolkata, West Bengal. (Awarded gold medal for the same)
- Minimally invasive technique for total hip replacement surgery at MIDCON 2007, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Correction of recurrent CTEV in a grown up child at UPOACON 2008, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
Paper published :-
Carpel instability : a case of transcaphoid perilunate dislocation in the journal of
West Bengal Orthopaedic Association Vol 20 No.1 September 2005.
Morning - Mon to Sat (9:30 Am - 01:00 Pm) , Sunday (10:00 Am - 12:00Pm)
Evening - Mon to Sat (5:00 Pm - 8:00 Pm)